Latinitas

LatinitasMagazine.org - A Strong Voice for Latina Youth

How to approach a friend who has become uninterested in school

How should I approach a friend who just doesn't care about school or their other friends anymore?

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should let them know that either way you are their friend and don't try to lead them to what you know is right. Just being their friend always lets them know you're there for them. Also, you can advise them to seek counseling or talk to an adult about why they are not wanting to continue going to school but don't be too pushy.

You may consider asking them why they feel this way. Could it have to do with the educational curriculum? (As a woman of color, I do not like how Eurocentric our classes are and how the curriculum does not highlight enough contributions by women and people of color.) I would also be concerned if a friend became disinterested in school due to bullying or problems with family members. Whatever the case may be, it is vital to form a strong support group for each other and work towards maintaining a healthy and inspiring learning environment.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

About

Latinitas created this Ning Network.

Links: Connect with Latinitas

Can't get enough of Latinitas.
Read the magazine: LatinitasMagazine.org

Get an RSS feed of our latest updates.
Find us on MySpace.
Connect on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter!
Check our Youtube Channel.
Listen to our Podcast.
View our Flickr gallery.
Sign-up for our Enews.
Visit our blog.

Post questions & get Advice.
Post a blog.

View the Latinitas Video Tutorials to learn how to participate in our community.

Report abuse or problems to the moderator.

Read More From Latinitas

© 2022   Created by Latinitas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service