Latinitas

LatinitasMagazine.org - A Strong Voice for Latina Youth

Hey there, Latinitas!
Ok, have you ever wondered how fellow females live their lives AS a latina? I know what my life as a Latina is like. The kinds of experiences and obstacles that I go through BECAUSE I am a Hispanic woman. But I want to know how all of you do it! How has your role as a Latina within our community/society made you who you are today? How is it that you live your life as a Latina?
Please share...:)

Rosemarie

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can honestly say that through life I have faced prejudice, not only for being Hispanic, but also for being a young woman. Day after day I face constant ignorance of the people who judge by your color, or language. They don't take the time to appreciate what a person can really do. I take the time to get to know a person before I infer what they are capable of. My school is largely diverse. I find myself having friends of every ethnicity, and this to me is enriching. I get to know other cultures as well as share my own. You would be amazed how much the world has to offer. As a Latina, I advocate for our rights. I stand up for what we are.SMART,INTELLIGENT, HARD WORKING, GREAT LADIES! It is up to ourselves as a person to show that latinas are more than they are posed to be.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

About

Latinitas created this Ning Network.

Links: Connect with Latinitas

Can't get enough of Latinitas.
Read the magazine: LatinitasMagazine.org

Get an RSS feed of our latest updates.
Find us on MySpace.
Connect on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter!
Check our Youtube Channel.
Listen to our Podcast.
View our Flickr gallery.
Sign-up for our Enews.
Visit our blog.

Post questions & get Advice.
Post a blog.

View the Latinitas Video Tutorials to learn how to participate in our community.

Report abuse or problems to the moderator.

Read More From Latinitas

© 2022   Created by Latinitas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service