Latinitas

LatinitasMagazine.org - A Strong Voice for Latina Youth

This summer i have been going to summer school to get ahead and i am taking health and speech which are by far the two easiest class that you could take in the summer little did i know that this past crush would be in summer school with me. :\ Okay... well there was this guy that asked me out LAST summer and i liked him A LOT but the sad part was that i couldn't date and so now this summer i am debating whether or not to ask him out but now he has a girlfriend :( so i think that i'm just going to keep my distance and stay friends :| What do you think?

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Things always happen for a reason. If he has a girlfriend, morally and logically it would be best to not interrupt in their relationship, but you can always seek friendship. If you do become friends with him, you'll be able to discover why you like him and (in future case of breakup) have a better relationship with him because of your frienship. Also, being closer to him will show you how he behaves in a relationship, so that you know what you would be getting into if he ever becomes available again. BUT! You can't have a friendship just for this purposes, because that's evil and not true. It seems it wasn't moment last year and it isn't moment this year for a relationship, but people are like that, like planets. We have our own orbit that sometimes gets us to be closer and cross paths with other plantes/persons, and then our paths will diverge and, possibly, converge again. If it is meant to be, it will happen, this summer or next one or even in 20 years. (but that's me, I believe in karma.)
Okay Thank You very much that helped extremely!

Silvana said:
Things always happen for a reason. If he has a girlfriend, morally and logically it would be best to not interrupt in their relationship, but you can always seek friendship. If you do become friends with him, you'll be able to discover why you like him and (in future case of breakup) have a better relationship with him because of your frienship. Also, being closer to him will show you how he behaves in a relationship, so that you know what you would be getting into if he ever becomes available again. BUT! You can't have a friendship just for this purposes, because that's evil and not true. It seems it wasn't moment last year and it isn't moment this year for a relationship, but people are like that, like planets. We have our own orbit that sometimes gets us to be closer and cross paths with other plantes/persons, and then our paths will diverge and, possibly, converge again. If it is meant to be, it will happen, this summer or next one or even in 20 years. (but that's me, I believe in karma.)
I think it's good that you are taking time to consider the situation, instead of just going in a doing what will get you what you want. Here's what I think. In situations where I'm confused or angry, I try to look at it from another perspective. Say you did start dating him last summer, and another girl from his past cropped up and started taking an interest in him. What would you think about that? And if you were able to persuade him to be with you now, that shows his moral character and there would be doubt that he can be trusted. A relationship is a big commitment, so you need to be sure that you're entering one that will be worthwhile and one that you truly want! So I guess what I'm saying is you can be friends, but be respectful of his relationship and things will work out in the end. Whether it's the outcome you expected or not! Hope this helps.
i think you should stay friends, maybe once he is single go for it. go ahead and talk to him so he knows u like him.
I agree with you. Now that he has a girlfriend it would be a bad move to ask him out. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you being friends:) You never know what could come of the friendship later on down the road...

Rosemarie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

About

Latinitas created this Ning Network.

Links: Connect with Latinitas

Can't get enough of Latinitas.
Read the magazine: LatinitasMagazine.org

Get an RSS feed of our latest updates.
Find us on MySpace.
Connect on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter!
Check our Youtube Channel.
Listen to our Podcast.
View our Flickr gallery.
Sign-up for our Enews.
Visit our blog.

Post questions & get Advice.
Post a blog.

View the Latinitas Video Tutorials to learn how to participate in our community.

Report abuse or problems to the moderator.

Read More From Latinitas

© 2021   Created by Latinitas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service