Summer, you are almost here. What will I do with you?
I will need to rest after this intense, rewarding term, and there is a lot of work that I must continue to do and new things I will experience this summer.
I will be
- reflecting on the friendships and knowledge I have gained during the past few months
- using the swings at the beach
- reading books on economics and sociology
- having breakfast with mentors and friends while talking about feminism
- singing Amber Carrington’s cover of “Stay”
- working on my creative writing skills
- taking a course on macroeconomics
- continuing my involvement in the food justice movement at the Social Justice Learning Institute
- blogging at Latinitas
- exploring my city
- cooking more vegetarian meals
- cultivating the bonds I have made so far in my life
Here’s to a summer full of food, hugs, and dynamic conversations!