So today's blogathon (forgive me for spelling that wrong haha) question is what advice I would give girls. One thing: Stop worrying about tomorrow and take care of yourself today.
Although, I'm guilty of not following this everyday, when I dedicate myself to it it really does help. We're all young and we move around these beautiful instruments at our mind's will (our bodies) and it is our responsibility to rid all the negativity from it so that it can perform at it's best all the time.
Here's a list of things I like to follow:
- Smile. Yes, that's right. Just do it. Reason number one is it just makes you feel better. If you walk around looking happy, chances are it really will make you feel happy. It'll boost your confidence too. Plus, attitudes are infectious; you can make someone else's day too.
- Stop Stressing! Please, please, please just calm down. If you're in high school (like me) and if you're in a very extensive program wearing yourself out, just take a breather. Don't worry about what you have to get done tomorrow, worry about what's in front of you today. If you allow everything to pile up into one task in your head, you'll get tired faster. Stress puts a lot of, well, stress on your body. It'll perform the same way it feels. BREATHE!
- Don't Worry About What They Say. You're social life. Yep. You may need it to survive and stay sane but most of us let it consume our lives. One person says one thing and there goes your happiness. Why must we depend on this one thing to keep us happy? Just think about it, are you going to take that person with you through your life? Then why fret over it. When you stress or get anxious your stomach releases immense amounts of acid. It's harmful and unnecessary.
- Eat Healthy. Yes, you've probably heard it time and time again, but it's true. Your body isn't something to stick bad things into. It relies on our conscious choices and tries its best to use what it can. The body is extremely delicate. And I'm not saying to work out (because I don't) but if you eat right, you'll feel just as good. Whenever I eat junk I feel sluggish. Yet, when I eat healthy I can feel the energy and motivation to actually be productive that day. Just take it a day at a time. One important thing:Yes, you are trying to eat healthy. No, you are not on a diet. I know that for teenager and for younger girls, it's an absurd idea, however, it really does make a difference when you're older. If you live healthy now, you won't have the self-esteem issues later (like me.)
- Do onto others what you want done onto you. Treat people the way you want to be treated. No explanation on this, just what you feel is best.
- Lastly, Compliment Yourself... Often. Don't wait for others to do it. Your mind will find satisfaction when it itself compliments or congratulates for the good job done. It'll motivate you to continue to do good. Tell yourself you actually worked hard on this project, worked hard to understand this project, or yay, you ate an apple instead of a candy bar. You can compliment yourself on nearly anything, just make sure you do it.
So, that's it! That's what I do everyday to make myself feel at my best. Perhaps it'll be hard to do everything first in one day, but just add little by little. Do the simple things first like breathing and smiling. You'll definitely feel a difference.
Thank you girls for reading!
(If you want a blog about my story of my weight issue, comment down below and I'll do my best!)