Latinitas

LatinitasMagazine.org - A Strong Voice for Latina Youth

For Dia de los Muertos I go to a expositon in C.d Juarez Mexico. Is a altar expositon. For Halloween I go to parties or to the movies with friends or family. I used to go trick-or-treating, but not any more.

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For Halloweeen I usually go with my family and have fun, we spend quality time; either trick or treating, or doing any other bonding activity. As for Dia de Los Muertos, I never have celebrated it but I know and have heard of many ways to. This year I would like to remember, celebrate, honor, and recognize my grandfather, who I miss very much for Dia de los Muertos. Lo extrano y amo, "apa!"
I don't remember how to celebrate Dia de los Muertos, but have before. I think that this year I will just to honor my Gandpa Papa Vol. I just love holloween because we go trick or treating and or go to parties. we have crazy but fun parties.This year im going to be a fairy. i hope everyone else has as much fun as i do and even more. lol
If anyone is in Austin this Saturday, Latinitas is building an altar for Dia de los Muertos at the Mexican American Cultural Center. We'll be there from 3 p.m.-5:30 p.m. We need some help, so please message me if you're interested.
There is a local dia de los muertos event here in town. It is really nice. You walk into the room and you are surrounded by the smells of marigolds and food. It is a festive environment; they even have music. It isn't depressing. People go all out and make amazing altars to remember their family members who have died. They also have artists to do artwork for the holiday. I think it is an awesome way to remember those who have passed away. A lot of times people don't like talking about the died, but this is a good way to celebrate their life and focus on the good things. I like to remember my abuelito.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

About

Latinitas created this Ning Network.

Links: Connect with Latinitas

Can't get enough of Latinitas.
Read the magazine: LatinitasMagazine.org

Get an RSS feed of our latest updates.
Find us on MySpace.
Connect on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter!
Check our Youtube Channel.
Listen to our Podcast.
View our Flickr gallery.
Sign-up for our Enews.
Visit our blog.

Post questions & get Advice.
Post a blog.

View the Latinitas Video Tutorials to learn how to participate in our community.

Report abuse or problems to the moderator.

Read More From Latinitas

© 2022   Created by Latinitas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service