Girls it is is getting closer to time to turn in your applications fro scholarships for college. The following links and descriptions will allow you to see where to go and if you qualify for that particular scholarship.
The Gates Millennium Scholars: If you meet the eligibility requirements (below) click here
• Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American;
• Are a citizen/legal permanent resident or nationals of the United States;
• Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (un-weighted);
• Will be enrolling for the first-time at a U.S. accredited* college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student in the fall of 2010; or GED
• Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
• Meet the Federal Pell Grant* eligibility criteria; and
• Have all three forms (Nominee Personal Information Form completed by the student, Nominator Form completed by an educator familiar with the student’s academic record and a Recommender Form completed by a person familiar with the student’s leadership and community service) submitted by the deadline.
HSF/ Procter & Gamble Company Scholarship: If what is below applies to you click here
to get the application process.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) and Procter & Gamble Company have partnered to provide financial resources to assist outstanding Latino undergraduates pursuing degrees in the STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). The award amount is $2,500.
Business-related major Latinas apply to the scholarship below click here
if you are interested:
The Winchell's & Yum Yum Donuts Scholarship Program is available on a competitive basis to freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors in a 4-year college or university of Hispanic heritage from California. Students must have a business-related major. Awards are in the amount of $3,000.
There are many other scholarships available for you, If you go to google.com and search Hispanic Traditions you can find thousands of links as well as more scholarships at Hispanic Scholarship Fund